Friday, August 2, 2019

Introducing Myself

I am Pat Salt, a local retiree who coordinates a genealogy meet-up group at the Library and I have also volunteered to help organize the Local History room a bit.  There is a lot of stuff in there, and it is not easy to know what is there or how to find something in particular.  My goal is to make it easier to know what the Local History room contains and where in the room it is.  More about the Local History room to come!

I have gotten more interested in the town of North Reading's history as I dig into this project, and in the family trees of the first settlers.  I don't know a lot yet, but am learning as I go.  I hope to have some family trees on display in the Library (and maybe some of the historical places in town) this year some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment